- Buy two kidneys or khyllai (Beef one)
- Fry onions, ginger, a little garlic in mustard oil.
- Add turmeric n pepper
- Add small quantity of water n cook in low heat.Keep adding water as and when required till the mixture turns golden brown
- Kidneys: cut into small cubes and wash thoroughly.
- Add to the cooked mixture.Stir and add half a cup of water.Continue cooking in slow heat.Add salt and some chillies if you like.
Toast some bread, add heaps of butter, phan sdieh or fried potatoes (khasi style) on the side, some salad n voila enjoy your khyllai.